Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 26: Discipline

Short post inbound.

As the previous post alluded to, I was a party. This particular party went way into the wee hours of the night and I ended up falling asleep mere hours before the sun rose over the very location I laid down to rest.

It had become routine for me to exercise every day and to keep to my schedule. However, as I went through my day, my motivation to do grew lesser and lesser.

I realized that I was making an excuse to not exercise. I had the habit of doing so, to rationalize why today would be different, would be an exception.

So, today, I fought against my self-detrimental habit and forced myself to work out, even if just a little. Though it was a reduced workout, I still pushed myself to keep to some semblance of a routine, and I'm better off for it.

Today, I kicked the habit of making excuses and forced myself to embrace my routine.

Daniel, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment