Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 12: Set Variables

(Apologies that this post is late, circumstances prevented me from posting earlier.)

When people interact, there's always a certain schema to the way that they interact. This is often in the form of some sort of title that describes the relationship between two people- acquaintances, friends, co-workers, etc.

Well, I had someone that I considered as a not-so-favorable title. Without divulging too much personal detail, someone had crossed a line and it drastically changed my opinion of them.

However, through some level of personal reflection, I realized that they were, at the time, doing what most people do and acted in their own best interest. I can't hold anyone up at relationship gunpoint because of that, and so over the course of a few hours, allowed myself the catharsis of letting go of that negative energy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type of person who believes that "dark energy" will "taint" someone's "soul" with "evil". But it is stressful holding some sort of grudge, and I don't have the time to let that drag me down.

Besides, either they're a good person and don't deserve my judgement, or they're a bad person and don't deserve my time.

Today, I learned to let go in a less than ordinary circumstance.

Daniel, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment