Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24: Gotta Crack a Few Eggs...

Another short post.

I made a post a couple of days ago about getting more comfortable in the kitchen, and this day's post is a further extension of that.

When I say I'm green in the kitchen, know that I mean that I really, really am inexperienced. With the exception of prepared meals, I have very little experience cooking solo.

However, I woke up early this morning with plenty of time to prepare myself food before I had to go into work, so I opened my fridge and considered my options. 9 eggs stared back at me, 2 of which I decided to try my hand at scrambling.

After looking up a recipe or two on scrambled eggs, I mixed the eggs together in a mixing bowl, then poured over a pre-heated pan on medium heat. Then, after a minute or so, added a blend of Mexican cheeses that I usually have in cheese quesadillas. After a few minutes, I scraped and scrambled myself up two cheese scrambled eggs.

I have to say, I was fairly proud of my creation and thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast.

I know it might be a very small accomplishment, but to me it was kinda a big deal.

Today, I further advanced my kitchen knowledge.

Daniel, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment